Because ......

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Obsessed (Part VI) or (How Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged changed my life)

I woke up with Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged on my mind

For those who haven’t heard of Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged was-indeed, one of the Universe's very small number of immortal beings. His life being infinitely prolonged and in dire need of a calling which would give some meaning and direction to his existence, he decided to insult everyone in the Universe in alphabetic order.*

I had to emulate Wowbagger. Make an alphabetic list of all the blogs, visit all the blogs, read one posting in each blog and leave a comment on each blog, maybe even an insulting one.

The Blog Herald as of October 2005 has estimated the total number of blogs to be over 100 million out of which only 55 % of all blogs are truly active blogs. Now that gives me 55 million (55,000,000) blogs. I would need 740.68 years to read one posting per active blog**. Unfortunately (or may fortunately) I am just finitely prolonged.

Maybe I should start looking for about 30 people, who love to read blogs 364x17, then maybe we have a shot at cracking it in about 25 years; or maybe I should try and spin this off as a research project; I better start looking for some government agency to fund this.

* More information about Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged can be found here, here and here.
** Assuming I read a posting in 5 minutes and I surf for about 17 hours daily for 364 days a year, and not taking into account any new blogs being created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home